Feb 7, 2010

Race Report: Putrajaya Night Marathon 2010

Location: Perbadanan Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Date/Time: 6th Feb 2010 @ 8.30 pm
Category: F - Half Marathon, Men
Bib: F5186
Distance: 21.38 km (by Garmin FR405)
Timing: 1'50:04 (gun time)
Average Pace: 5:08 min per km

My first night half marathon, also my 25th half marathon in my running life.

Running at night at Putrajaya not a first time for me, I did Men's Health Run 2009 at Putrajaya, and I know that there is not easy to do a night run at Putrajaya, but lucky that weather is better compare with last year's Men's Health run.

Target to run first 12km with 12km/hr speed, but I know it was impossible when I reached 10km, end up the first 12km with 60 min 24 sec. The remaining route become tougher for me due to blister on my toe. I just hope I can finished the race with 1'48:00, dare not aim for any PB.

The route become quiet after seperate with those full marathon runners, and only can see few runners ahead me. When reached the last turn, 200 meter away from the finishing line, Tey was there and shout my name, he snap my photos, then run together with me and capture video for me, thanks a lot brother Tey. At that moment I saw the digital timer show 1:49++, pia to the finishing line and crossing with 1'50:04.


The 21km route

No comments:

Post a Comment