Oct 11, 2011

Race Report: Muar Charity Run 2011

Location: Dataran Tanjung Emas, Muar, Johor
Date/Time: 9th Oct 2011 @ 6:37 am
Category: A - Men Open
Bib: m 1054
Distance: 21.17km (by Garmin FR 405)
Timing: 1'45:57
Average Pace: 5:00 per km
Rank: 18th

My 2nd time home ground base half marathon, give up KRI 12km on the same day, simply because want to balik kampung, and also top up my half marathon quota for this year.

Same as last year, heavy rain about 30 minute before flag off, run about 5 km under drizzle, but the whole route was wet due to heavy rain before flag off.

Different route with last year, started at Dataran Tanjung Emas, run along Jalan Abdul Rahman towards batu Pahat direction, turn in to famous San Chai Temple at Parit Unas, and run along the kampung road back to Jalan Junid and Tanjung Emas area. Muar known as flat land, not hilly route at all, I can said this is the most flat route I ever ran before.

Water station, been informed by the MC before flag off, there are 7 water station, but I felt I was been cheated, only 5 water station at 5km, 10km, 13km, 17km and 20km. And all are purely water station, I was regret that I forget to hide my own isotonic drink along the road side on Saturday. Suffering after 13km onwards due to no isotonic drink.

Distance marker and direction signage are enough, at least nobody missing in the race, I hope so...

Generally satisfied with the event, the only two things to improve are:
1. Supply isotonic drink for 21km runner
2. Quality of medal




No comments:

Post a Comment