Oct 16, 2011

Race Report: Putrajaya Night Marathon 2011

Location: Dataran Putrajaya, Precinct 3
Date/Time: 15th Oct 2011 @ 8:20 pm
Category: F - Men Open 21km
Bib: F 3167
Distance: 21.21km (by Garmin FR 405)
Timing: 1'50:26 (Gun Time) ; 1'50:10 (Net Time)
Average Pace: 5:12 per km
Rank: 36th

I was stop running after Muar 21km on 9th October, and night run usually are tough for me, not putting any hope for this race, just take it as my LSD training.

Flag off at 8:20pm for half marathon category, just run with my own pace, I can feel the heat along the way, only can feel windy after 12km onwords.

Drinks station every 3km, sufficient enough and serve isotonic drink as well. Distance marker are clear enough, direction marker for full and half marathon seperate junction was not that clear, a big sign board with small wording printed on A4 paper.

Run the first 5km with 24:31, I know that I am going to complete the race above 1:50. Kevin Ooi catch up with me at 8.5km, pace with him until 10km and I was give up, run with my own pace again. After the timing chip station at 16.5km, meet Kevin Ooi again, this time I try to pace with him again, but he was getting faster after the last water station at 19km. I am failed to catch him and his was about 200 meter plus infron of me when reached finishing line.

Crossing finishing as my estimation, 1'50:26. Received a medal with a red colour 21km finisher Tee. Lucky that I pace with Kevin for from 16.5km onwards, if not I will run with my PB, Personal Bad again after Sundown 2010.

2 comments: