Jul 2, 2012

Race Report: Ipoh International Run 2012

Location: Stadium Indera Mulia, Ipoh, Perak
Date/Time: 1st July 2012 @ 6:45am
Category: Men 21 km
Bib: A 0256
Distance: 19.88 km (by Garmin FR405CX)
Timing: 1'40:50
Average Pace: 5:04 per km
Rank: 37th

Last minute sign up for this event sfter skip for 2 year. Ipoh route know as flat as airport runway, I not putting a lot of hope in this run, just hope to completed it.

Started  pace with Annie Yee, but I was give up after 3km, just can saw her back before she lost in my vision after 9km++. Anyhow I still completed first 12km with 59 min 27 sec, much more better than SCKLM and Sundown.

Weather getting hot after 14km++ at Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah and Kampung Simee area, felt suffer after 17km+ when meet up a lot slow 10km, 7km runner. Pace become slow down, when reach 19km+, saw brother Tey and Chuah Sakura were snap photos there, I know I was near to finishing.

Run into stadium area and push for last few hundred meter, crossed finishing line with 1'40:50 for under distance half marathon (19.88km).

Glad to completed my 50th half marathon in my entire running life, more half marathon to come....


Thanks bro Tey Eng Tiong for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment