Sep 15, 2012

Race Report: Safra Singapore Bay Run & Army Half Marathon 2012

Location: Esplanade, Singapore
Date/Time: 9th Sept 2012 @ 5:15 am
Category: Men Open
Bib: 04002
Distance: 21.29km (by Garmin FR 405CX)
Timing: 1'52:49 (Gun Time)
Average Pace: 5:18 per km
Rank: 221st (Men Open)

Safra Singapore Bay Run & Army Half Marathon, an event that I wish to join since few year ago, and I make it this year, as most of the time I am working in Southern of Malaysia, just take this opportunity to join.

Flag off early at 5:15am, good to avoid from sunshine if can do 1:45. I know it is impossible for me, but I still try very hard, follow 1:45 pacer and ahead them until 8km, I know that I am push myself too much, and  I just recover from flu few days ago, listen to my body and slow down my pace.

Drink station is sufficient enough, almost every 2km++, two banana stations, and about 8 or 9 performance team along the route.

Crossed finishing line with 1'52:49, my PB (Personal Bad) timing since 2009 in half marathon. Worst than Sundown 2010.



The only photo of me during this race


As usual, SinKaPo event give a nice and good quality medal





No comments:

Post a Comment