Sep 19, 2009

Race Report: Seremban Half Marathon 2009

Location: Padang MPS, Seremban
Date/Time: 12th July 2009 @ 6:45am
Category: B - Men Senior (19 yrs to 40 yrs)
Bib: B 14
Distance: 20.52 km (by Garmin FR405)
Timing: 1:48:13
Average Pace: 5:16 min per km
Position: 44th

Good weather, started punctual and everything smooth, but a bit mistake did by the road marshal at about 1.5km route, all the leading runner were run to the wrong route at the traffic light junction in between Jalan Zaaba and turn left to Jalan Dato Muda Linggi, instead of run straight to Persiaran Bidara 2, I was follow the group and turn in to Jalan Dato Muda Linggi, but after 20meter, we saw a lot of runners run back from opposite direction and shouted, we know that we've lead to Holland by that stupid road marshal and immediately u-turn and run to Persiaran Bidara 2. Those leading Kenya runner potong sayur very fast from behind and run towards the correct direction....

When reached the 3km mark, start to run at the rolling hill route at the new housing area, at that moment I can felt my legs are not listen to my command, I know that I'll be suffer for the remaining route.

Try to maintain my average 5 min per km pace until 10km only, then completed the first 12km by 61min, worse than SCKLM, ai..... Another rolling hill route was at 12.7km, fron Jalan Jelebu to a new housing area.....

3 water station at 5km, 10km, 16.5km and 2 sponging station at 7km and 14km distance.

I didn't eat my power gel when reached 10km water station, plan to reserved it for last 6km route, when reached 14.5km, I took out my gel and looking for the water station, but too bad I can't find the 3rd water station until 16km route, I worry that there is no more 3rd water station or maybe will share after 17km with those 10km runners, I am bit regret now that I didn't eat at 10km water station... after run for another 500meter and I saw the water station.... water plus power gel to boost up my energy for last 4.5km.

Meet the 10km runners after 18km route, and another rolling hill route run towards Seremban Lake Garden, when reached Seremban Lake Garden, my stop watch shown 1:42++, I know I am slow liao, try to speed up my pace when run downhill towards Jalan Yam Tuan, saw Seremban Parade.... 1:46++... pia again and run in to Padang MPS, run to lane B, get the position tag, 44th with 1:48:13..... actually distance by my Garmin Forerunner 405 shown 25.52km, average pace 5:16min per km, my personal worst pace for half marathon race in 2009.....





The Half Marathon route for Seremban Half Marathon 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment