Sep 19, 2009

Race Report: Shah Alam adidas King of The Road 2009

Location: Stadium Shah Alam, Shah Alam, Selangor
Date/Time: 2nd August 2009 @ 6:30am
Category: A - Men's Open
Bib: A846
Distance: 21.81km (by Garmin FR405)
Timing: 1:58:10
Average Pace: 5:25 min per km
Position: -

Started at Stadium Shah Alam, slightly different with last year route, but already know that this will be a tough race for me.

From the starting point, run all the way uphill for about 1.3km, still got energy to pia at that moment, but following by another uphill at 5km to 6 km was really killing me and cause I not manage to complete first 6km within 30 minute, I know I'll suffer at the end. Uphill and down hill for most of the route, I try to speed up my pace whenever during downhill route, completed 11.5km within first hour.

Meet 11km runners at Kayangan roundabout at 19.5km.

The finishing point located inside Stadium Shah Alam track, after turn in to Stadium Shah Alam main entrance from Persiaran Sukan, run thru the underpass entrance and run into the track, crossing the finishing line with 1:58:10, actual distance clock by my Garmin Forerunner 405 show 21.81km........

Completed the race with sub-2, as per expected, dare not aim for personal best, because I just did my Alor Setar half marathon two days before, but end up with Personal Worst pace at 5:25 min per km for this year race, 5 sec slower than ASJC half marathon two days ago....

5 refreshment stations along 3.8km, 9.6km, 13km, 16.5km and 19km, all served water and isotonics drink, great to see that adidas have improve the refreshment station after been complaint by runner on last year event. 2 sponging station at 7km and 14km as well.

Meet Yin just after reached the finishing point


Meet Tey outside the stadium, thanks for snap this photo as a proof that I m in KOTR 2009

The adidas KOTR 2009 22km route, click here for larger view at Garmin Connect

The rolling hill route elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment